residual Halloween mischief This piece should be called “The Down Low: It’s Not Just For Negroes Anymore” Dehrenstein via NY Mag comments “If there’s anybody out there who’s an adult and who would like to ask me out,” she says, “please call Harper’s Bazaar.” I heart Sharon Stone I’m like a swan. But not in […]
We have a problem (more like an opportunity): This blog turned six years old in July. It’s the longest I’ve ever had a blog, let alone a public one. When I started The Black Sex Master in 2009, I had just returned from San Francisco and needed a place to put the many thoughts racing […]
picture at Gawker Isn’t the point of having an affair is that you can pour champagne down someone’s ass and then drink it? good question BeyoncesNoPantsDance Christina that shit! So mad I know what he meant and I didn’t even watch Eurovision. What was Play-Doh thinking? That mommy needs playtime too. Zing! Do you like […]
2014 will go down in history as a banner year. I was reflecting on the year trying to figure out why things went so well and I had a realization; 2014 was all about focus. Towards the end of the year I was trying to figure out the next mountain to climb. Then the shit […]
“I’d fuck him but he couldn’t spend the night.” commenter Jai (the man with the plan) Lucas Entertainment Hires Hung Argentinian Model Who Apparently Killed His Father and Brother (The Sword) I don’t know, I guess they should be more down to fuck since their holes were made for pounding. omg what?! (Gary shenanigans) Fixing […]
photo via dopegirlfresh (drunk and confused) Wait so you know a Yolo and a Bolo? Yes, lol. CORINNE BAILEY RAE HAS HAD IT WITH YOU HUCK OKAY still giggling (Scandal humor) Brooklyn is over. Done. Finished. Brooklyn as brand has overtaken Brooklyn as place, turning itself over fully to the project that was always its […]
Hope that’s cool Cause I’m really not trying to Impose but I suppose that I’m supposed to be here With you With eyes as sad as mine I think you’ll find You need me just like I need you, yeah But it’s cool We ain’t gotta be nothing It’s true I’d actually prefer it, yeah […]
“As long as we reject ourselves, as long as we continue to harm our own body and mind, there is no point in talking about loving and accepting others.” Thich Nhat Hanh – Teachings on Love I wasn’t expecting to see anyone who looked like me at the orientation of my master’s program. But there […]
When I launched this blog five years ago, I didn’t have any specific goals in mind. I just wanted to claim my part of the interwebs and experiment. It’s been an interesting ride to say the least, lol. As I near my 200th post, I wanted to reflect on my favorite pieces. I’m unsure what […]
The funniest part of that night: he brought me Hennessy. Hennessy! Everyone who knows me knows I don’t drink brown liquor. Besides, we had a conversation about my love for tequila days prior. I didn’t really understand. But stereotypes are powerful like that. An orchid kind of love this was not; but it’s the closest […]
- Christina Aguilera Should Have Done the Michael Jackson Grammy Tribute February 3, 2010
- Operating From A Deficit December 14, 2010
- Preferences, Pride and Prejudice (Part 1 of 2) January 18, 2012
- Discover Your Strengths and Conquer the World March 3, 2011
- My Single Experience June 17, 2011
- Quotes of the Week: Free at Last November 1, 2015
- Six Years Later September 15, 2015
- Quotes of the Week: Digging Deep May 31, 2015
- There’s More Out There: The Rules of Engagement 2015 May 6, 2015
- Quotes of the Week: Caviar Ratchet January 18, 2015
- Six Years Later | The Black Sex Master: […] in July. It’s the longest I’...
- Karsh: Great post, Anthony. I was talking about his with ...
- Revolution Deferred: On Loving Other Black Men | The Black Sex Master: […] a myriad of reasons why all of this is s...
- The Best of The Black Sex Master | The Black Sex Master: […] Operating From a Deficit I’m still...
- The Best of The Black Sex Master | The Black Sex Master: […] We Don’t Pay You to Think For ever...