“I’m nobody’s stop on the train to pussytown.” In this episode Me and Mr. Jones, one of the funniest people I follow on Twitter talk about getting it in and the politics of being out. Editorial note: the audio isn’t up to my standards. I apologize in advance if you experience humming, etc. Show notes [...]
In this episode Jamaican Wifey and I dissect Treating Men Like Four-Year-Olds, which changed my life. (highly recommended you read before listening) Show notes & links: communication (or lack thereof) emotional unavailability The Rules of Engagement 2012 the epistemology of wife Operating From a Deficit The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts [...]
In the pilot episode, SoulForce (aka the other Black Sex Master) and I talk about how past hurt influences expectations about future love. Show notes & links: What Queerness Means to Me Operating From a Deficit Strengthfinder 2.0 sexual segregation and dating White men The Sex that Ruined My Life The Dating Game (forthcoming) “Mexican [...]
Since I was a teenager, people would tell me sexual stories. The youngest of three, my parents didn’t like each other when I was growing up let alone had sex. I was fascinated by this thing everyone kept talking about. Sex was a foreign/abstract concept to me. I had a lot of questions, which I [...]
But when people feel the freedom to create Tumblr accounts about my cock, I feel like that wasn’t part of the deal… Jon Hamm wishes people would stop talking about his penis (Rickey.org) Politeness has become so rare in this day and time that some people mistake it for flirtation. Xem VanAdams via Twitter I [...]
You probably don’t know this, but The Black Sex Master is actually the fourth iteration of my online personal blog/journal. The first one I started right after high school when I attended Penn State. It was the first time I lived outside of New York and I needed a space to jot down my culture [...]
“I wanted to know love but I was afraid to surrender and trust another person. I was afraid to be intimate. By choosing men who were not interested in being loving, I was able to practice giving love, but always with in an unfulfilling context. Naturally, my need to receive love was not met. I [...]
When I wrote Operating From A Deficit, I honestly wasn’t even talking about romantic relationships. My how things change in three years. At least I wasn’t coming from a place of explicit experience. I was reflecting on my interactions with other gay men of color as I quickly advanced in my career and how that [...]
(To Puerto Rican colleague) Yeah, I can’t really drink vodka, it fucks with my stomach. I can’t drink vodka cause it fucks with my emotions. (Oop!) (straight boy friend dating older woman) …besides her liver spots, she’s awesome! A hooker, like a magician never reveals her tricks. Cosigning with Chester Orlino If you are letting [...]
Grumpy cat cookies by Whippedbakeshop Don’t come here on Valentine’s Day and not blow me. That’ll get you sent home early. Mr. Jones had trouble with his Valentine (to gypsy co-worker) How do I get pregnant? (sighs) When you have sex with your legs up in the air like I told you before! Ladies, on [...]
- Christina Aguilera Should Have Done the Michael Jackson Grammy Tribute February 3, 2010
- Operating From A Deficit December 14, 2010
- Preferences, Pride and Prejudice (Part 1 of 2) January 18, 2012
- Discover Your Strengths and Conquer the World March 3, 2011
- My Single Experience June 17, 2011
- Talk About Sex – 103: Me and Mr. Jones Part 1 May 16, 2013
- Talk About Sex – 102: Close Your Legs to Married Men April 18, 2013
- Talk About Sex – 101: Theorizing Your Love April 11, 2013
- Talk About Sex: An Introduction April 11, 2013
- Quotes of the Week: Spring Break(down) April 8, 2013
- Talk About Sex – 103: Me and Mr. Jones Part 1 | The Black Sex Master: [...] Revenge of the Black Nerds [...]...
- Anthony: Yashar, Thank you so much for the piece, clarifyi...
- Yashar: I never do this...but I couldn't help but notice ...
- Talk About Sex – 102: Close Your Legs to Married Men | The Black Sex Master: [...] The Rules of Engagement 2012 [...]...
- Erik: I want to download this so I can listen to this on...